There are tons of MetroFax reviews out there, but are they unbiased like this one? Have those people ever used an online fax service? Those are the two questions to ask yourself before taking advice from someone on the internet.
MetroFax was founded in 1997 and has continued to provide users with an exceptional online faxing service. With advanced features, unparalleled security and generous uptime, MetroFax delivers a competitive punch. Individuals and businesses of all sizes depend on the simple, affordable and scalable online fax service provided by MetroFax.
Today, the service is part of j2 Global, Inc., which is the leading provider of cloud services for businesses. Despite the takeover, I think MetroFax is an exceptional choice for your faxing needs.
DO I NEED A FAX MACHINE?
The idea of not having to use a traditional fax machine is one advantage of using a premium online faxing service like MetroFax. Long gone are the days for buying toner, paper, and paying for maintenance fees.
With an online fax service, faxes are sent and received electronically without a fax machine. You still have the ability to print and save such faxes. In addition, MetroFax can be integrated to work with a traditional fax machine.
DOES METROFAX OFFER A FREE TRIAL?
Who in their right mind would want to purchase an online service without trying it first? A free trial entitles a perspective customer a chance to test out the service without spending a dime.
Thankfully, MetroFax offers a 30-day no risk free trial period in which you can use the service to send and receive faxes. Unfortunately, the free trial signup form asks for a valid credit card (but you are only charged if you stay beyond the free trial).
If you decide that the fax is not right for you, cancel it within 30 days and you will not incur any charges from MetroFax. Cancellations can be done using one of the two options – live chat or phone support.
METROFAX REVIEW: WHAT DOES METROFAX COST?
This would not be a MetroFax review if I did not include my perspective on the pricing of the fax service. While MetroFax is not the cheapest option out there, I feel that it is worth every penny. The customer support alone is worth the monthly fee.
Here is a quick breakdown of the available monthly plans:
- Costs $7.95/month or $6.63/month with annual discount
- Send and receive up to 500 pages (no specific combination)
- Page overages of $0.03/page (this only applies if you go over your 500 page limit in a single month)
- Costs $12.95/month or $10.79/month with annual discount
- Send and receive up to 1,000 pages (no specific combination)
- Page overages of $0.03/page (this only applies if you go over your 1,000 page limit in a single month)
- Costs $35.95/month or $29.96/month with annual discount
- Send and receive up to 2,500 pages (no specific combination)
- Page overages of $0.03/page (this only applies if you go over your 2,500 page limit in a single month)
No contracts, no setup fees and no cancellation fees. You head over to MetroFax to learn more about their plans.
CHOOSE BETWEEN LOCAL AND TOLL-FREE FAX NUMBERS
MetroFax does not charge extra for local or toll-free numbers. Regardless of the type of fax number you decide to go with, the price stays the same.
Toll-free fax numbers are offered in all 50 states. Local fax numbers are available in 49 states; New Hemisphere is the only state that does not offer a local number.
PORTING AN EXISTING FAX NUMBER
Have an existing fax number with a different provider? No problem, MetroFax is able to transfer your current fax number for FREE.
I recommend asking your current fax provider if your current number is eligible for a transfer. I contacted MetroFax regarding porting existing fax numbers and received the following response:
At this time, we do not charge a fee to transfer an existing fax number from a different provider. Please contact your provider to make sure your number is eligible for a transfer. You would have to fill out a form and send it back to us and we will complete the transfer for you.
IS METROFAX EASY TO USE?
Sending and receiving faxes with MetroFax is a breeze. A majority of your tasks are completed from the main dashboard page – things like sending & receiving faxes, managing contacts, checking your inbox, managing your fax account, etc.
The dashboard page also features your remaining page for the month. I love the idea of putting this on the main page as it gives you quick idea of where you are at, in terms of your plan limitations.
METROFAX REVIEW: CUSTOMER SUPPORT
This is where MetroFax wheeled me into using their service. Their customer support is exceptional, in terms of response times and answering support questions.
Their customer support is available Monday through Friday from 5AM to 6PM Pacific Time. Contact options include live chat, email and toll-free phone number. On top of all this, MetroFax has an extensive support page featuring FAQs, demos and tutorials.
METROFAX CUSTOMER TESTIMONIALS
Here are some actual customer testimonials from current MetroFax customers. By the looks of it, customers seem satisfied with the service. These people are not paid to write these testimonials.
METROFAX REVIEW: PROS AND CONS
What better way to end this MetroFax review then to include pros and cons of using the online fax.
- MetroFax charges a low $0.03 for every page that you go over your monthly limit, which is pretty reasonable.
- Users can send and receive faxes through email, desktop application, MetroFax account, and iPhone and Android mobile device.
- Faxes can be sent to multiple recipients.
- Users can choose a local or toll-free number or transfer an existing fax number for free.
- MetroFax offers an easy-to-use dashboard that can be used to send and receive faxes, manage contacts, and update account information.
- Average fax transmission time of 1 minute per page.
- MetroFax does not have an accredited page with the Better Business Bureau.
- Users cannot schedule faxes to be sent at a specific time.
- Larger corporations needing bigger packages need to fill out a form to receive a quote.