Finding the best email marketing service for your newsletters and campaigns is not as easy as it sounds. With tons of email marketing providers out there, choosing the right provider is going to take a bit of researching and comparing.
The best email marketing service is going to stand out from the competition. Important things to look for are features, deliverability rates, subscriber limits, integrations, ease of use and technical support. And of course, you want to make sure that you are able to afford the email marketing service.
If you do not have time to read the entire comparison and want to skip right to my recommended email marketing service, go directly to Constant Contact and start sending newsletters.
FIVE BEST EMAIL MARKETING SERVICE
If you have an online business or websites, email marketing is probably the first service you should sign up for. Whether you have products to sell or have fresh content to share, building a subscriber list is going to boost your sales and readership.
An effective marketing strategy starts with a reliable email marketing service. Here are the five of the best email marketing services.
1) CONSTANT CONTACT (Editors Choice)
Despite all of the competition out there, Constant Contact has managed to stay atop of my list of the best email marketing services. Constant Contact offers solid features, enough room for growing your subscriber list and support that knows email marketing. Additionally, Constant Contact has a user friendly dashboard, so anyone can use it.
Constant Contact has over 600,000 customers that use their email marketing service regularly. On top of being a reputable brand, they have fairly reasonable pricing options. Constant Contact plans start at $20/month for unlimited emails to 500 subscribers. For more information on Constant Contact or to start a 60 day free trial, go to Constant Contact.
- Constant Contact is a reputable and trusted email marketing brand – satisfying over 600,000 customers.
- Constant Contact has a 98% email deliverability rate.
- Users can schedule multiple automated autoresponders that are targeted towards a specific subscriber list or type of subscriber.
- Their email marketing service is able to send coupons, surveys, event registrations, along with the ability to collect donations.
- The ability to add a subscriber sign up form on a website and Facebook page. Users can also subscribe to your newsletters via a mobile device using custom texts and QR codes.
- Extensive list of external apps that can be found in their marketplace.
- Save up to 20% on all annual plans.
- Constant Contact offers a lengthy 60 day free trial. This is more than enough time to test out their service and decide if it fits your needs (try Constant Contact for free).
- You have to physically call Constant Contact to sign up for a plan with over 10,000 subscribers.
- Accounts cannot be cancelled online. I think this is inconvenient and annoying.
Out of all of the best email marketing services being compared here, iContact is arguably the most popular. As of today, iContact is used by over 700,000 email marketers. The things that make iContact a popular choice are advanced message building tools, efficient email deliverability rates, improved campaign tracking and intriguing sign up forms.
On top of being a popular choice for email marketing, iContact has a competitive pricing structure as well. Their plans start at $14/month for unlimited emails to 500 subscribers. For more information on iContact or to start a 30 day free trial, go to iContact.
- iContact is a popular email marketing brand – used by over 700,000 online marketers.
- iContact offers over 600 email templates that are fully customizable. Custom logos can be inserted into email messages. Users can also choose from several different layouts – one column, two columns and postcard.
- The ability to create message using their drag and drop editor. More advanced users can also build messages using standard HTML.
- Subscriber sign up forms can be inserted into websites and Facebook pages.
- The ability to publish your campaign messages as blog posts.
- Automated autoresponder – a must have feature for any serious online marketer.
- iContact offers an email deliverability rate of 98% and the latest spam check technology.
- Save up to 15% on all annual plans.
- iContact offers a 30 day free trial (try iContact for free).
- You must integrate with the Salesforce application in order to see statistics on conversions rates.
- Support is not available on weekends.
- You have to call iContact to sign up for a plan with over 15,000 subscribers.
Out of all of the best email marketing services we tried, GetResponse has to be one of the easiest to use. With over 350,000 satisfied customers, GetResponse is a reliable email marketing service. Things that make GetResponse excel include their high email deliverability rates of 99%, the ability to create custom landing pages, the option to import contacts from multiple sources and the availability of a 24/7 technical support.
When compared to other email marketing services, I have to admit that GetResponse is one of the cheapest. GetResponse plans start at $15/month for unlimited emails to 1,000 subscribers. For more information on GetResponse or to start your 30 day free trial, go to GetResponse.
- The ability to customize email messages using their drag and drop editor. The editor features over 500 free email templates and 1,000 iStock images.
- GetResponse gives you the ability to create custom landing pages. Landing pages are great for capturing leads and sales.
- GetResponse features the famous autoresponder tool that is capable of sending time-based and action-based newsletters.
- See a live preview of your email message prior to sending it out.
- Add sign up forms to websites and Facebook pages.
- A/B split testing to try out different campaigns.
- A high email deliverability rate of 99%.
- Save 18% on all annual email marketing plans.
- GetResponse offers a 30 day free trial (try GetResponse for free).
- The account dashboard has some quirky features that may affect user friendliness.
- GetResponse has a very strict anti-spam policy. This policy may restrict you from sending certain things.
There is a lot to love about AWeber. Their email marketing service is used by over 120,000 entrepreneurs, bloggers and small businesses. Things that make AWeber stand out include awesome email marketing features, excellent technical support that is available 24/7, industry-leading email deliverability rates and the ability to transfer and import your existing subscriber list with ease.
Their email marketing plans start at $19/month for unlimited emails to 500 subscribers. For more information on AWeber or to start your 30 day free trial, go to AWeber.
- AWeber gives you access to 700 email templates, an easy to use drag-and-drop editor and mobile responsive sign up forms.
- AWeber includes the popular autoresponder that is ideal for sending automatic follow up emails.
- Their mobile app enables you to manage your account and see statistics on the go.
- Integrates with WordPress, PayPal, Etsy, Facebook and various shopping cart platforms.
- The ability to target specific subscribers with subscriber segmenting.
- The ability to view various campaign statistics – view opens, clicks, etc.
- An industry-leading email deliverability rate of 99%.
- Save 15% on all annual plans.
- AWeber offers a 30 day money back guarantee and a 30 day free trial (try AWeber for free).
- AWeber does not have the option to upload videos to your emails/newsletters.
- Kind of pricey – there are definitely cheaper alternatives.
MailChimp is probably the most popular email marketing service available – over eight million people use MailChimp. The biggest advantage of using MailChimp is the free version of their email marketing service. They also offer advanced reporting options and plenty of third party integrations.
Their free email marketing gives you the ability to send 12,000 emails to 2,000 subscribers. Paid plans start at $10/month for unlimited emails to 500 subscribers. To learn more about MailChimp or to start your free account, go to MailChimp.
- Highly customizable templates and the ability to import your own templates.
- The ability to create and view subscriber profiles to know more about your subscribers and their activity.
- The ability to send automated and targeted emails.
- MailChimp offers advanced reporting options to track your campaigns. You can also integrate with Google Analytics for more detailed tracking.
- MailChimp offers a fully responsive app, giving you the option to send and manage campaigns on the go.
- MailChimp is able to integrate with an array of third party applications such as WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, Salesforce and Shopify.
- A free account is available – 12,000 emails to 2,000 subscribers (open a free MailChimp account).
- MailChimp does not like affiliates and does not allow marketing without their permission.
- You can only send to one list at a time.
- Free accounts limit a lot of the important features.
BEST EMAIL MARKETING SERVICE – WHY I RECOMMEND CONSTANT CONTACT?
While you can easily build a subscriber list and manage your campaigns using any of the email marketing services listed above, I found Constant Contact has an edge over their competitors. It will all depend on your needs, budget and preference.
Constant Contact has a solid reputation, reliable technical support structure, extensive feature lineup and is affordable – all in which make Constant Contact the clear choice. And that is why I recommend Constant Contact for your email marketing needs.