Are you looking for the best ecommerce hosting companies for your online store? Do you plan on using a self-hosted ecommerce platform (ZenCart, WooCommerce, OpenCart, etc.) and want a web host that’s capable hosting your ecommerce store?
Regardless of what you’re trying to accomplish, the hosting companies on this page are going to be your best options for hosting your online shop.
These hosting providers give you the ability to install a shopping cart script or use their online store builder to create a store from scratch.
So, what is ecommerce hosting?
Ecommerce hosting is any web host that is able to provide you with enough tools to run and manage an online store. For example, ecommerce web hosting providers provide users with free advertising credits to jump start your marketing campaigns. This is why this type of hosting is appealing to store owners.
WHAT SHOULD I LOOK FOR IN ECOMMERCE HOSTING?
When choosing a web host for your online store, here is what I tend to look for:
- Cost of hosting: If you’re just starting out, you’re going to want to go with a web host that you can actually afford. Generally, I recommend staying under the $10/month mark, at least until you get the hang of things.
- Hosting features: Since you plan on running an online store, it’s important to have the necessary features geared towards an online store. In addition, you’re going to want to have enough bandwidth, storage space and email accounts. You’re also going to want to be able to upgrade to a bigger plan, if needed.
- Ecommerce software: Once you decide which shopping cart you’re going to use, be sure to check that the web host is able to integrate with your chosen cart. Many of the best ecommerce hosting companies are able to integrate with some of the popular carts like ZenCart, osCommerce, PrestaShop and OpenCart.
- Ecommerce add-on services: The ability to purchase an SSL certificate, update your ecommerce software and market your store is just some of the things you want your web host to have.
- Hosting reliability: Since running an online store is a business, you want it to be available every day. This is why you want to choose a web host that is reliable and has minimal downtime.
BEST ECOMMERCE HOSTING PROVIDERS
After extensive research, I’ve narrowed the list down to four hosting providers. Be sure to compare them and go with the one that you feel more comfortable with.
Here are the four best ecommerce hosting providers for your online store:
INMOTION HOSTING (Editors Choice For Ecommerce Hosting)
- Offers three hosting packages, ranging from $5.99/month to $13.99/month.
- Each plan offers unlimited bandwidth, storage and email.
- You receive a free domain name with a purchase of a hosting account.
- You get $250 in free advertising credits.
- Includes an eShop builder for creating an online store from scratch.
- Integrates with several shopping cart scripts including PrestaShop, ZenCart, osCommerce, Cube Cart, and OpenCart.
- Offers three hosting packages, ranging from $3.92/month to $9.31/month.
- Scripts come with auto-configuration for faster loading pages.
- All plans offer unlimited bandwidth and storage.
- $50 in free advertising credits.
- Integrates flawlessly with PrestaShop, Magento, OpenCart, and CubeCart.
- Instantly activates a merchant account so you can accept credit card payments.
For more information on A2 Hosting, go to http://www.a2hosting.com.
- Offers three hosting packages, ranging from $5.21/month to $11.21/month.
- HostGator does not meter bandwidth or storage.
- Offers a free website builder and over 4,500 templates.
- You get $200 in free advertising credits.
- Offers a free shared SSL certificate.
- Integrates well with osCommerce, ZenCart and OpenCart.
- Offers a single hosting package for $49/year.
- Unlimited bandwidth and storage space.
- Includes the e-store builder by ShopSite that enables you to build a store from scratch.
- Allows you to accept credit cards.
- Lists your business on Yellow Pages for free.
- $200 in free advertising credits.
For more information on FatCow, go to http://www.fatcow.com.
VERDICT – WHICH WEB HOST DO I RECOMMEND FOR ECOMMERCE?
If you’re planning on starting an online store and are going to use a self-hosted shopping cart, any of the hosting companies mentioned above are going to work for you.
Personally, I think InMotion Hosting has an advantage over the other three as I found it to be faster and more reliable. Keep in mind that the faster your store loads, the more appealing it will be to your customers.
At the end of the day, choosing the web host that you’re most comfortable using is the way to go.
If you plan on building a store with WordPress and WooCommerce, I would recommend taking a look at WP Engine.